Moved from hot climate to cold one.Having lots more pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I haven't posted in years but I'm having such a painful time with my fibro. My husband passed away after a long illness and a year later my son passed away so I moved way down on the gulf coast, a little town by the ocean. Well to my surprise my Fibro got better and I was down to half a tablet with my medication and was going to go down to a fourth and then go off all together.I was so happy I thought I didn't have it any more. I was in the little town in Ms. for 14 months.I moved back to Nebraska and my Fibromyalgia came back so bad I can hardly take the pain. The only thing I can figure is the hot weather is why I didnt hurt down there and this cold weather has brought it back.It looks like I will have to go back to really hot weather to get relief from my pain.Sorry so long but I am just shocked that my pain came back so bad just changing climates.Also wanted to share this with any of you that live in a cold climate.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

it makes sense to me because i also started to notice that in the winter my pain is worse.. so i always have to bring with me warm clothes wherever i go. thought i was imagining it at first but it really is. thats why i love the summer so much. as much as it is possible for me to be under the sun i'm there! 😃 the warmth makes my muscles less painful. can't explain it.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.This winter in Nebraska was so horribly painful for me. I WISH I had realized this before I left Ms. It will be very expensive to move back but I cant live with this pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.