Moved the urinary bag tube 3" further in my thigh retention holder, now no stabbing sensations

Posted , 2 users are following.

Three different nurses at hospital ER .. they placed the retainer when I was lying down flat.  

However, the tube gets "pulled" when my leg is stretched sidewards, causing(?) the Foley balloon to be misplaced adversely imo.

In addition to the 2cm. Velcro-holder, I added a 2" wide "thick cloth" Band-Aid closer to my knee so the tube doesn't flop around -- this has reduced the stabbing sensation greatly.

Blessings!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am reading all your posts about your catheter and from my experience I honestly hate catheters because they were completely unnecessary and caused a host of complications in my case. I really hope you don't have any severe problems from this when this is all said and done because catheters do have a lot of side effects and you can obviously see all of the hassle that goes with using them. I'm glad you found some relief with the band aids. Obviously you don't want to have a catheter forever and I would really look further into the very enlarged prostate issue if I was you. I don't know what they are going to do with a prostate that large which is most likely causing these urination problems. I have never heard of them removing a prostate due to BPH, but obviously you don't want to do that because of all the complications. TURP is the gold standard for BPH and I would ask your doctor about whether or not your prostate is too large. Personally I want to have surgery to fix my problem and move on with my life. I'm sure you would rather do a procedure on your prostate than constantly having to use catheters. It has only been a month for you and I know its tough with a catheter being inside you because of the bladder spasms you get with them. Does having a catheter get in the way of your daily activities or are you self conscious/worried about it when out hoping something doesn't go wrong with it? I don't think you would want to go through this again with another long term catheter and would look for other solutions. Best wishes.

• Posted

As of 8am today, I am "out" of the indwelling catheter!!!

Also, just got the ultrasound radiology report which mentioned that the catheter created a lot of "debris" in the bladder. 

I'm still on the Chinese herbs and ordered 2 PEMF devices as well as a Sota wellness kit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.