movement and overian cysts! your experience?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any pain on movement caused by an ovarian cyst? Everytime I move, twist my torso, bend or turn i get a pulling pain in my back, side and abdomen. I also have a dull ache on the tops of my thighs. just trying to work out if this is muscularskeletal or an ovarian cyst which i have had previously?

I'd appreciate your experiences.

many thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nina!

Yes. I've been having the exact same pain caused by an ovarian cyst (simple cyst) on my right. The ache in my thigh drives me crazy. Having it and my ovary removed next month due to my age (57), and the fact that I'm just tired of the off and on pain.

Hope yours resolves. I'll be sure to get on here after my surgery to let everyone know how it went.

Take care.

Sophia

• Posted

Hi Nina,

I had a 12cm dermoid cyst removed in May. It was painful, I used to get sharp, stabbing pains sometimes, when walking or if I moved in my sleep. It also caused a constant dull ache in my back, hip and thigh. I also felt sick from it.

Hope you find an answer and feel much better soon.

Robina

• Posted

Thank you ladies as its driving me mad! i also have a dull ache in my lower back near hips and trying to convince myself I slept funny but its there all the time. I did have surgery a year ago for complex cyst with raised c125 and endometrial polyp, the surgery happened so quick (within 4 weeks from first scan) that I didn't have any time to process symptoms. Despite being poorly for a year and not realising this was the cause. I was also told after surgery I have endometriosis which hasn't caused me to many problems but this is adding to me feeling confused about my pain. However the last time i did have the cyst my periods were so heavy that i would bleed through clothes, this time however suddenly my periods have got really light. I've always had heavy periods so for them to suddenly get light with barely any flow when on periods has got me thinking, could this be related to the cyst or could it be related peri menapause I'm 34. This is why i feel its helpful to hear others experience, though not the same, may help other women realise if they need to address issue as i have been avoiding GP trying to find excuses for pain. Also women end up with such random bunch of symptoms it can be really confusing.

Good luck with surgery Sophia.

• Posted

I thought i'd come back and share. My GP sent me for a scan and it looks like I've got a small 3cm by 1.5cm dense cyst with peripheral vascularity. Possibly a hemorrhagic corpus luteum. Its incredibly painful, my abdomen is tender to touch and pain is going in to back. Need rescan in a few weeks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.