movical

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi anyone know how long these takes to work or feel any way less bloated?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am taking Movicol now for about 3 months and I m happy with it, it started to work a few days after first use, but I am also taking Mesalazin which started the same time with Movicol, so combination works good for me, don know if the benefits are from just Movicol..
    • Posted

elham thanks for reply,im taking them since wed but not feeling any better,still very high stomach
  • Posted

Hi,

Everyone is different, if your very bunged up can take a few days to work,

Also what dos as he your taking. But once you start its heaven . I have fybogel now as and when needed,

• Posted

Hi Jan thanks for reply doc said to take 3 a day but I've.increased to.4 since yest
  • Posted

Just be careful you do not over load with logical and always check out instructions. Once your on top of it all then try to work out a suitable dose daily to help you a long.

Had a colonoscopy few months back, only taken a couple of fibergelsince,but also x2daily Docusate and all flowing well. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Thanks Jan.says on leaflet can take upto 8 a day. I'm.waiting on a conaloscap, but God knows how long I be waiting.
  • Posted

Cannot answer that as depends on how much you have to get rid.

??????? When in hospital was several days and after a lot of doses of MEDS.

So glad it's you not me -smile

• Posted

it should work in a few days. be careful, if you take 8 a day thats the dose for faecal impaction and you will get a very acute case of diarrhoea that lasts for a few days! (i had to do this once)

it can make you more bloated at first yil you get used to it. i find taking it in the evening gives less bloated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.