Moving :(

Posted , 8 users are following.

I love the people here.  I love the discussions.

​My computer does not love the website.  I get so much lag time.  I normally have to type something on another page like my e-mail and copy and paste it here.  It is so cumbersome.

​I am someone who wants to type freely my thoughts.  I log on to this site and it usually takes about 2 minutes...then when I type or try to respond...it lags or jumbles my words.  Its odd that it is only this page that does this to my computer.

​In 2011 I had joined a site that I had forgotten about.  My computer is quick on that page.  I am able to type out my feelings and respond to people in the way I like to....Frustration is the last thing I need when trying to communicate with people.

​I will miss all of you and your stories...I will check in from time to time but the lag makes it impossible for me to be a regular without raising my blood pressure.  Sober Recovery to all and that is the name of the page I am moving too.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sober Recovery....is the name
  • Posted

Aww, I'll miss you, but I'm glad you're making decisions that will make life easier for you.

I sometimes have problems with this site too, though it normally works well for me. In the evening - when I assume they're doing maintenance - it can sometimes take half an hour to get a post up.

Good luck on your new site!

• Posted

Good luck to you Missy. I wish you all the best, I consider you part of the original gang when I joined, you Vickylou and Paper Fairy, also along with Paul & Joanna, but they were on the other side of the fence to us, as it were.

Some times forums like this, you grow out of, in a nice way, you come here for help and to sort a problem out and then it is time to move on.

I hope you continue as you are and that life gets better for you and you find whatever makes you happy and at peace.

• Posted

Didn't outgrow...just frustrated...took 5 minutes to type THIS
  • Posted

I have a tear in my eye, Misssy.  I will miss you.

I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world and I thank you for all the times you have replied to me.

Pat xxxxxxx

• Posted

Good Luck on your journey, Misssy2.  I hope Sober Recovery is better for you.  I understand your feelings.  Take care.  Alonangel
  • Posted

My dear Misssy. I have problems with messages on this site too, as you know in the past.

When I read your post I cryed. So sorry for being a bit of a wimpy girly. I think a lot of us on this site have taken you for granted and that's not right. I think we all miss you. I remember us two last year being there for each other when we had taken it, the vodka, too far. We talked to each other and may have saved each others lives through that. Idk. 

And im so happy you are now living a normal life again. That's all we want. I'm on the naltrexone journey, it's not easy, I'm so depressed but I have come this far and will see this through, God willing. I wish you so much love and happiness and thank you for being there for me when no one else was xxxxxxx

• Posted

paperfairy....I can't stay away...lol.

Thank you for your sweet message....I think you should post an update on how you are doing with Naltraxone.

I guess I will come on when I have the patience.  I am now typing this on my e-mail and will cut and paste....but sometimes even that doesn't take....the computer circle...just spins and spins and then my whole computer locks up...very frustrating.

I am enjoying being sober....but that demon is always there...especially if I get shooken up about something.  Today I have to go use the library computer to print important tax documents and the thought of getting everything I need is really stressing me out.  I have been putting it off...because usually when I'm done doing something like that...I'm so WORKED up that a beer seems like a really good idea

• Posted

Hi. Glad you've decided to stay with us. Just drop us a line every now and then to let us know how you're doing. 

Im having good days and bad days on naltrexone so I'm giving it a rest for a few days or more and hope I feel more positive about it again. Would ideally like to use it once or twice a week, at weekend, then stay sober and go swimming in the evenings, during the week, to try and feel healthy again. I achieved that for a while a couple of weeks ago. Then life got in the way of stuff and I went off the rails abit. Though never became a massive binge as it used to. 

Today ive not drank and hope I don't. Just lying in bed feeling sorry for myself. Reading helps me , like you, getting stuck into a choosy novel makes you forget yourself for a while.

Anyway hopefully by the end of the week I'll be fighting fit again.

Hope you coped today at the library. Paperwork unfortunately is one of my main triggers so I procrastinate and then it all gets on top of me!!

Take care you xxx

• Posted

Will really miss you. I know you've had problems for a while with messages, so understand why you're leaving. Take care and stay strong. Good luck xx
  • Posted

Try to login and use password again, it will work after that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.