Moving cloudy spot distorts vision in right eye

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i am 21 years old male, i have a moving cloudy spot in my right eye and it distorts my vision(everything behind it disappears like a blind spot except light which is cloudy behind it). I had brain surgery two weeks ago to remove a benign tumor and i am on keppra. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. The spot appeared yesterday.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have no idea what this is but PLEASE go and get it checked out ASAP. If in UK you could ring 111 for advice, alternatively go to A&E. Take care and keep in touch.

• Posted

I arranged an appointment. It's in three days.

• Posted

Hello, I looked up Keppra!  I see it is for epilepsy.  You should talk to the clinician who prescribed it & he may refer you to an ophthalmologist.

Don't leave this, talk to one of your doctors & good luck.

• Posted

I see your reply, it wasn't there when I started!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply and interest
  • Posted

Who is your appointment with in three days?
    • Posted

My surgeon...i Booked an appointment with ophthalmologist for tommorow.
  • Posted

Really pleased you have an appointment for tomorrow. Take care and keep in touch.
  • Posted

I'm so glad you have an appt with your Ophthalmologist tomorrow.

Is the surgeon's appt for the one who removed the tumour?

Good luck & do let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Yes and thank you very much
    • Posted

Did your surgeon think the tumour might be responsible for the epilepsy?

I hope all goes well for you today.

• Posted

I don't have epilepsy. The tumor caused a constant headache so i had some tests and they found the tumor and removed it. Keppra is for just for precaution after the surgery. I went to the doctor he said it is a scotoma and i am going for visual field test tommorow.

• Posted

Ah! Now I understand,  I hope your visual field test goes well tomorrow. 

I have just been re-reading your original post, perhaps the surgery will cure all the other problems eventually.

Do let us know how you get on & good luck.

• Posted

Are you myopic (short sighted)?
    • Posted

I am wondering if it is floaters. Is it just the one cloudy spot or are there other squiggles or blobs?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.