Moving pain in upper abdomen

Posted , 1 user is following.

Let me start by saying that I am 41, I don't take any type of medication, I have a debilitating fear of hospitals, and I haven't had any kind of physical check up since at least 2009. Also, I'm obese with a diet that consists of junk food... well until a year ago.

Several years ago my feet and legs started to ache. I foolishly ignored it, but it kept slowly getting worse with the skin becoming very dry, until I looked it up last year, and it's definitely diabetes. No blood work, just an educated guess, my father and mother both have/had it. Decided to severely cut my sugar intake.

Around this time last year, I started to notice some pain in my upper left abdomen, under the rip cage, after consuming large meals. A few days later the pain started to get worse, and after searching around the internet I was convinced it was pancreatitis. I completely changed my diet by avoiding all red meat, fried foods, and all types of fats and oils, and concentrating on brown bread, beans and lentils, salads, skinless chicken breast, and fish. Ten days later, the pain subsided significantly, and a few weeks after, it was almost gone, with a mild gnawing pain maybe once or twice a week. The main problem with my self diagnoses is that I don't drink alcohol, or smoke, ever, and the main cause for pancreatitis is excessive alcohol consumption.

A few weeks ago the pain started to pick up again, but this time it began to change position and move around the abdomen, from the upper left side, which is the main source of pain, to the right side under the rip cage and back again, to the central chest area, with mild heaviness and burning that moves around the chest, back to the right and left sides of the abdomen, and just a few days ago it started to radiate to the back and upper sides, and a couple of nights ago, I felt some burning and mild pain in the central chest/upper abdominal area while consuming my meal, my mouth has become dry despite being pretty well hydrated, and my stool has become dark, mushy and very smelly the last few weeks, and some food seems to pass partially undigested.

I have started to become fearful/paranoid that it could be the C word.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.