Moving toes/foot twitching like a player piano

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there, I must say that I am stone-cold terrified after a little over a month of toe twitching. I am a 52 year old female. These are involuntary movements affecting both feet, multiple toes, but especially my big and fourth toes. I have no muscle weakness. Some more background: I can see twitching on and off in the arches of my feet, and this morning I noticed some twitching in my left inner heel. Until now, the twitching had been worse on the right foot. This started about 4.5 weeks ago with a bad bout of cramping in both feet. Exercise /physical energy has not been affected. I actually had a normal neuro visit about 2 weeks in (in so far as office tests, EEG & EMG). Of course I was encouraged by the unremarkable EMG, but have recently heard that this may have been too early to diagnose A**? Which I am extremely worried about. One thing I noticed was that in the last 2 days, (basically during a migraine), the foot twitches died down/went away while I was resting in bed! However, now that the migraine is gone, my toes/feet have been twitching all morning. It is non-stop at the moment, more than ever. I have recovered fully from migraine, just finished some exercise and physically feeling good (not mentally I guess). My big toe is moving nonstop!

Is there anyone who has experienced anything like these moving toes? I am awaiting MRI's of brain/spine. All bloods normal save for higher TSH (5.08)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.