Moviprep

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am going in for colonoscopy tomorrow morning. I had to taken first dose of moviprep at 8am today, i actually couldnt finish the last bit i was gagging so much. for my 2nd lot this afternoon i am going to mix it into 500ml instead of 1L and drink the rest as plain water, its way too much and is making me feel sick even thinking about it. has anyone else done this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

They can send a spaceship too Mars but they still can't invent a nice tasting laxative! . I'm usually prescribed PICOLAX for my colonoscopies which you disolve in a small cup of water then drink lots of plain water ...BUT Moviprep is ghastly ..I only managed 3 of the 4 sachets and had to take anti sickness pills to keep it down..try your best as if they don't get a clear view of your bowel you will fave to through it all again!😥.. chill it welL, add light coloured cordial and drink through a straw..Regards

• Posted

I too thought it was dreadful-I couldn't manage the last glass ( even if offered a million pounds) - but was clear for the exam. The prep is much worse than the procedure- which I had without the sedation.

Good luck.

• Posted

hi

i had to do this a couple of weeks ago and i couldnt manage to drink the whole of the second one, as long as you drink as much as you can of the second one you should be ok

• Posted

i have colonoscopies often and use the same thing as you do. i never finish it. i drink as much as possible and leave the rest. i always am clear and clean for dr. Also helps to chill it very well and add one tub of crystal lite to it as recommended by my dr. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

The US FDA approved a new prep drug for colonoscopies that was supposed to be available for use by 3rd qtr. 2018. The prep is called Plenvu. You use less & it's supposed to be as good or better than what everyone has been using.

Next time your doc wants you to get a colonoscopy, ask him/her about Plenvu.

• Posted

Hi Raffie. ..I'm in the UK but I'll certainly enquire about it next time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.