moviprep is the work of the devil :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Morning all, I have my colonoscopy this aft and have been up since 6am drinking the 2nd litre of moviprep. Is it normal to shiver and feel cold to the bone after taking this stuff??? It's taking effect, I'm doubled over with cramps like last night, so sore in my gut I could cry. Last night's litre lasted 4hrs after I drank it, I didn't think it would ever stop! I've had 2 hrs sleep max, I'm worried sick my bowel won't be clear enough even tho Ive had only white bread and white rice since Thursday night. How will I know if it's worked? What's coming out looks yellow still!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo

Hope the Colonoscopy went ok.......I'm sure you're feeling a bit better now its over and you can eat and drink normally again.  I wanted to respond earlier but forgot my password....sometimes too many passwords for different things it all gets too confusing!!

I wanted to let you know that everything that you described earlier about the prep is normal!! Sadly.  I think we should all get medals for some of the horrible things we have to go through just to find out what horribleness is occurring inside our bodies.........so on that note....Welll Done for getting through it and I really hope it leads to some answers and some treatment and to feeling better.

• Posted

Hi hope all went well and you are feeling better now. I remember exactly the awful effects of that stuff ! My poor bum was sooo sore and I felt like I had flu but at least I got a definite diagnosis and knew what I was dealing with and could start to try to improve things and keep it under control. Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks everyone. The test didn't show anything and I'm feeling pretty low right now :'( I've been in so much pain for so long. Being told I had a raised fecal protectin level got my hopes up that I would finally get some answers but it would seem not :'( I have no idea what happens now. I had 3 biopsies, probably pointless. Guess I will be discharged!
    • Posted

Try not to despair Jo, it's a bugger trying to get a diagnosis and in the meantime it can feel like your making a fuss over nothing. Just remember, it's not a fuss and it's definitely not nothing.

It's quite possible they just haven't looked in the right place. If the problems in the small bowel a colonoscopy won't find it!!

Anyway, I'm really sorry they haven't been able to help you after all the pain and discomfort. Get some rest and go easy on yourself. We're all here if you need us

• Posted

Thank you. I'm just at a total loss after all these years. Sick to death of it all :'( x
    • Posted

Hi jo don't despair they took ages finding my swelling and diagnosing chrohns it was in the small bowel where the colonoscopy can't get to there are other tests they can do to check further I had one where I had to have drink a liquid then go thru a like tunnel scanner it's painless just feel a bit warm and light headed best of luck and keep talking as I find sharing makes it easier and keeps you positive nothing worse than feeling crap and then depressed as a result of feeling so poorly
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I'm just worried because here u just get a letter discharging u. There's no final discussion with the consultant, just a letter rolleyes I've only actually seen her twice since my referral since last August and we all know how long getting tests takes! I just feel so crap, sick of being in pain and getting nowhere x
    • Posted

Just keep on at them and don't accept no the only person who knows they feel ill is you and I never let the hospital or the doc off lightly (:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.