Moviprep not working?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I'm due to have my procedure at 830am. I was advised to take my moviprep at 4-5pm today. I followed the instructions exactly, but there have been no signs of it working...

At what point should I start to worry? Don't want to get all the way there for them to turn me away.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How many sachets in total of Moviprep have you been given to take?...I was given 4 to prep for my last colonoscopy...but could only stomach 3. I found it took a lot longer to work than Picolax which I had for my previous colonoscopies...so give it time . Moviprep didn't seem to purge my bowels like the Picolax did and I didn't have so many bowel movements. But the Doctor said he got a good view of my bowel. Give it time but I think your in for a restless night if your in the UK...hope all goes well.

• Posted

Hi,

I am in the UK. I was given 2 sets of 2 sachets to mix up. I have to take the next and final one at 3-4am.

Still not had any bowel movement 😦 It's been almost 6 hours since I took it.

• Posted

Hi Hannah...sorry I missed your reply..hope all goes well ...let's me know how you get on..regards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.