Mr GW

Posted , 2 users are following.

Prior to the pandemic it was, quite rightly, difficult to get antibiotics prescribed. Since the pandemic a mere telephone call gets you a prescription.

I had a violent producing cough, green sputum, Chest and upper back back pain which made a sharp searing pain when inhaling., together with a headache and raised temperature.

Viral or Bacterial. NHS website said the only way to be sure was to see your GP.

Called the surgery and was told quite curtly by the receptionist that there are no face to face appoints. A GP called back and prescribed Co-Amoxiclav 250/125 ( I am allergic to many other antibiotics)

Now i know our GP's work hard and also need some protection. The antibiotics have eased the pain in my upper back and chest but the cough persists albeit with less sputum.

My concern is how readily antibiotics are prescribed. I know many other with similar examples. Please do not think i am knocking our doctors. I appreciate the pressure they are under

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Antibiotics are dangerous territory, they work as long as they are in the system. Its best to try herbal version, because they can be taken in longer life spans.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.