Mr hopkin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Bronchiecstacis . I have read this forum with interest, as I am waiting for my respiratory physiotherapist to bring me a flutter. Having suffered for over two years with the problem, it was good to read the complimentary remarks concerning the flutter.many thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What's a 'flutter'??

• Posted

Hi Sally. A FLUTTER is similar in shape to a smokers pipe and the end piece contains a small ball which rises and falls and causes a vibration in the lungs . this shakes loose the mucus and makes it easier to expel. The ball shaking makes a fluttering sound.

I will receive one on Thursday.

• Posted

Hi Graham

Thanks for that. Interesting! I'll look in to ordering one. I've already found that my nebuliser (recommended on this site) is making a difference.

Thanks so much for the info.

Sally

• Posted

You are welcome Sally.

Now, I have used my nebulizer, and it made a little difference. Tomorrow my resp nurse is bringing me a flutter. Watch this space.

Graham 23402

• Posted

Sally, ask to see redo nurse and get one on N.H.S. Graham, 23402
    • Posted

Dear Sally GB.

I now have, and used my FLUTTER. It takes a little getting used to, but it works. I do feel better and it is worth having.

As I said previously, get one on the N.H.S.

Best wishes and I hope you succeed and feel better. Graham 2340.

• Posted

Thank you! I'll be seeing my GP this week to arrange a review of my bronchX, and will be requesting a Flutter on the NHS. 

NHS 70 years old. We're so lucky to have it!

With kind regards

Sally

• Posted

Sounds like a good recommendation - will do!

Thank you

Sally

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.