Mr. Nocturnia 1am-5am no-catheter success with tip from the nephew of a Nobel Prize winner

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've described what I'm taking, dieet changes, lifestyle changes, in prior threads.

I suffer from Nocturnia which is not a disease.  Rather, my kidneys produce twice the volume between midnight and 7am, or so.  Before my diet, liquid intake, and lifestyle change, that was usually 2 liters in approximately 8 hours.

Almost all of my blockages were during Nocturnia hours, including the first Sudden Onset Urinary Retention, which was apparently triggered by drinking too much liquid at one sitting and then eating spicy foods.  I now believe I could have avoided all the hospital and medical complications by simple, even primitive, methods. 

I can pee during early morning now, by squatting and bending down so that my hands touch my feet --- after a 10-minute warmup (light jogging in place) --- and massaging the prostate area (from Dr. Greger's book, see top review).

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Name of book? Name of author?
    • Posted

At 8am yesterday, I was anxious getting my bladder scanned for retention, because the indwelling cath was dangling like a sword, in my mind.  Dr. Liang(sp?) gave me a tip on how to empty the bladder fully during the Nocturnia-hours:  "Persistence"

It's 1:20am today, and after moving about, and doing the sit-to-pee, I felt I totally emptied the bladder, on the third void.

I am no longer "afraid of the night".

Thanks to the Universe!

• Posted

Thanks for sharing, Bob. You are doing all the right stuff. My strategy for nocturn is limit your liquid intake, and if you can't, take most of it before noon. Hank

• Posted

What is this books title? I would like to buy it if I knew what it is
    • Posted

How to Not Die.  And, his web page on prostate studies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.