MRCP

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all my dr has referred me for an urgent MRCP scan as ultrasound showed inflammation to my bile duct he said there were no stones but one may have got stuck or broken off. I still have pain under my right ribs every day despite being on a very limited diet (the pain isn't unbearable like some people have) more like a constant stitch and it sometimes throws. My question is what if they don't find any stones will that be it and will the inflammation go away on its own?? Thanks all for your help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I meant to say throb not throw!
  • Posted

Hi.....i get the same pain too......its there everyday no matter what i eat........its like a deep brusied purning pain that starts at the very top of my abdomen and right to where my gb is situated. When i press down where my gb is its quite painful. I had an ultra sound scan and they found out that i have thickened walls and lots of shadows in side my gall bladder.

Do you have any other symptoms??

I get alot of on and off nausea......sometimes *D*  or constipation.  Feeling very full after meals that can last right through to the next day/ feel like i have a fever but not running a tempreture....and lots more. I also feel like sometimes i have a knot in my right shoulder blade.

• Posted

Hi hun..your symptoms sounds like how my gallbladder problems started...the pain high up in central abdomen caused me to phone an ambulance and I was given 2 shots of morphine before it killed it....that was in august... After that the pain was less severe bit would still rear it head most days..then at start of December I woke up with the central pain and pain on right handside ,by that evening I was pacing the floor and went to see a gp at the out of hours service..I found it painful when touching the skin on right handside and also when taking a deep breath....he admitted me to hospital that night and had ultrasound next morning then down to theatre 90 minutes later to have gallbladder removed as it was full of stones...I would say be very wary when you find the skin sore to touch as the gp told me this is a classic sign of severe inflammation and especially when combined with feeling pain from the area when breathing too...and he was right I had acute cholethcystitis and needed the gallbladder removed...and although I never felt I had a temperature I actually did when he took my temperature... Let us know how you get on
  • Posted

The mri scan picks up stones where ultrasound can't..I had my gallbladder removed a month ago and 3 days after the op I became so sick and it was bile that came up so they thought a stone was blocking liver ducts...however it was 3 days before they did mri and by that time I had improved a bit and they think I "passed stone" naturally.. If you were being sick I would think it was a blockage..if you start to feel better then I think you may have passed stone/stones.... Having an mri will give you reassurance that your digestive system is working properly but if I'm being honest if your getting pain on right hand side I think it's only time before gallbladder problems come to light but atleast it can be dealt with..I'm now eating takeaways and normal food again 😀..wish you well
  • Posted

Hi Sam I have a stone stuck in my pancreatic duct which they are going to try to remove on Friday. If they don't find anything with you, you must press the doctor for further investigation as you can't go on suffering in pain, maybe you should have been given antibiotics to clear the inflammation. I wish you luck talk to the doctor its your body and you must have control over it .
  • Posted

So, before my gallbladder surgery. ... i was having very bad stomach pains when i ate... then chest pains almost. I would have pain on the right side of my rib cage, and a constant pain straight in the middle of my back.... i had an ultrasound done, an mri and no stones were ever discovered. They did see that my walls were thickened of my gallbladder but weren't sure what else could be wrong... well after a few weeks of starting to throw up pure bile consistently, ending up in the ER while screaming in agony... they made me have an MRCP scan and finally discovered that i did have a very large stone blocking my bilary duct almost completely. So even in the case where they DON'T see stones,, you can still have some in there. ... they left me in agony for 2 months and i lost over 40lbs (not the best way you wanna do it though! ) ... but at least it's out now. ...still having some hiccups here and there after the surgery but. ..
    • Posted

So glad the solved you problem dear and that you are feeling better, I hope I have the same results when they do mine good luck for the future xx
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for you replays hopefully get some answers soon a n d that we all start to feel better x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.