MRCP- MRI SCAN TOMORROW

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all.

I was diagnosed with gallstones. And biliary colic I was told they think I have a gallstone lodged in my bile duct. And since May my liver function blood tests have been abnormal.

I have my MRCP MIR scan tomorrow. And I'm really nervous. Never had any other scan than an ultrasound and xray what happens? Has anyone ever had one. What will they be looking for? What is usually the outcome xx

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

The gallbladder needs to come out. The stones are obviously causing a blockage to your liver. I had the same and had to be hospitalized. Hope you get the surgery fast, and dont worry it is such an easy procedure. Good luck.
    • Posted

You are welcome. Dont worry, mine was completely blocked and I had jaundice. Liver function was way down too. I survived....

• Posted

I had the same thing Kalel they have to see if there is s stone in your bile duct before they do the surgery you will be fine love let's us know how it goes xxx
  • Posted

I agree with Marketa here the main thing is the gallstone or stones need to be removed sooner rather than later.

Mine showed up on ultrasound scan so that was all I needed.

Get yourself on the operating list because it can be 6 - 9 months waiting.

In the meantime keep to a low fat or even no fat diet, this will help.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Thank you Sarah.

I will make sure I get on the waiting list then thank you xx

Chrissie x

• Posted

MRCP is a simple diagnostic test where they will find out the location and size of the stone do it don't postpone get your results and report and go to the next step

get well soon 

• Posted

Hi! How's the examination?

Sorry for late reply.

Hope you're ok now

• Posted

Hello I was in the scanner for 35minutes and have an appointment with the surgical team on the 12th october for results and to discuss my options. Xx
    • Posted

The last time i was in pain was friday just gone. Unfortunately! Wasn't as bad as it has been. But it made me Ill and unable to cope well with every day things and looking after my baby. So hopefully something will be sorted soon xx
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that you're having a hard time.

Do you take any meds?

Yes,hopefully you'll be better soon than ever! Keep us posted

xx

• Posted

Thank you! Xx

And yes I either take codeine or tramadol and I have buscopan and lansoprazol. The tramadol and codeine are rubbish with the side effects but the pain does ease with then. X Thank you i will keep you updated.

• Posted

You're welcome! smile

Better than tramadol! I use tramadol but got those side effects so i stopped using it. though it's helpful for the pain.

Thanks i'll wait for it.

smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.