MRI addendum 'fluid in the bases of lungs'

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello All,

I'm new here and have been reading lots of your posts in the hope that someone has been through something similar to me...

I'm 33, had an MRI of my spine that found evidence of Ankloysing Spondylitis. However, there was also an addendum on the results saying that there was a 'small amount of fluid found at the bases of your lungs' and they have lined up a chest X-Ray for me on Tuesday. Obviously I went straight to 'doctor Google' (not good, I know) and all that keeps popping up is either heart failure or lung cancer! (I have had no chest infections/pneumonia/chest trauma/infections/ coughs) Then I found this forum and it appears people have had fluid on their lungs that wasn't necessarily life threatening/ending.

I suppose what I'm really asking is if anyone can offer me any hope that they have been through the same thing and it turned out to be OK(ish!).

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.