Mri baffled can anyone help me ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I recently had another mri as I had been feeling leg pain after having a discectomy in 2014 for a right l5s1 herniation at the time I had severe back pain and some leg pain not as much as this time I seem to have the worst leg pain in both legs.this is the report .

At L5-s1 there is evidence of right laminotomy with redemonstrated right paracentral disc extrusion measuring up to 13 mm cranicaudal 9mm in Ap and 15 mm mediolateral,previously 10mm mediolateral There is again broad abutment of the descending s1root,including close proximity to the mild degenerative right facet joint.There is again focal moderate-severe bilateral exit foraminal impringement and bilateral frontal L5 root abutment. There is expected post operative epidural enhancement without disc enhancement nor cyst attention evident.

Similar broad right descending s1 root abutment and thecal sac effacement by right paracentral disc extrusion.

Is this why I am having leg pain so bad and does it look like il need another op.thanks for any help anyone can give me .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Reading it from a novices angle I would think that there is still something wrong with the S1 but you have already had an op for the S1 so why didn't they see anything else that wanted doing in that area.....Think it also says something about the S1 is near to the facet joint so maybe the facet joint is worn.  I would go to the dr  or see if you can make an appointment with the person who did the MRI.  I have S1/L5 damaged and taking lots of medication with no treatment except cortisone injection - no op. They told me it was dangerous but I read on this forum many many times people who have had S1/L5 ops.  Never mind it pobably is what is giving you a lot of pain, you do really need to sort it out.....

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi enna I've seen my surgeon who preformed my discectomy last Monday and he said he will bring me in for epidural injection this coming week but he's not hopeful it will work.After that hes thinking I will have to go with fusion as I'm in pretty bad shape with nerve compression.
  • Posted

I'm not great at Reading reports, but that to me seems like another op could be on the cards. Unfortunately as I was told once you've had a discectomy there is always a chance of relapse, with a second op being much harder than a first. Have you been able to speak to a Dr about their findings?
    • Posted

Hi guys thanks for replying I'm fed up now with it all 😑 I thought after the last discectomy I was home free but the leg pain is ridiculous now the doctor has put me on pilexia & vimovo not sure how to spell the last one and too tired to get up again .I'm seeing the surgeon who did the op last time on the 13th of this month but I'm dreading the thoughts of another op ..I wonder is there anything else that can be done !!
    • Posted

I've heard good things about prolatherapy, when you see the surgeon ask about whether it's an option. I'm going to ask whether that's an action for me with my symptoms also coming back
    • Posted

Hi Sinead it's looking like fusion is on the cards .met with surgeon he's gonna do epidural injection this coming week but he's not hopeful it will work looking like a fusion now ..scares the hell outta me .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.