MRI Defecating Proctogram.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I'm in need of some advice. 2 years ago I had a rectocele repair and at first things couldn't of been better for about a year. However things started to slowly go wrong again and it has resulted in me having no sensation when I need to open my bowels instead I was just getting constipated and bunged up. I went back to my surgeon and he referred me to have a qufora and a MRI Defecating Proctogram. I have been using my qufora which has been good ( somedays are still bad ) and I finally had my MRI at the end of January. I'm starting to worry as I haven't had any feedback from my MRI as I am waiting for the consultants to have an MDT meeting? Has anyone else had the MRI and how long before I should get my results. Thanks xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I had a rectocele repair three years ago which failed within weeks. Same problem as you, didnt get the right sensations. Went to see colo rectal surgeon, who put me on Laxido, plus magnesium citrate every day, if needed can do for life. Have had no real problems since then, apart from occasional urgency.

You need to chase up your MRI results, they should have been read and sent on to consultant by now, I would ring his nhs secretary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.