MRI, EEG, EKG, 1 lesion, all over sporadic twitching, tingling, HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

So this has been progressively worse over the course of 8 years. Started with eye twitching then mouth (was told hemifacial spasms disease at first). Over the course of 3 years it is all over sporadic rythmic visable twitching one in particular below my cheek bone lasting 3 solid weeks. I also experience numbness and tingling on my legs, my toes go numb if Im walking more than 10 minutes, numbness over my scalp and cramp like pain from my elbows down predominantly in my left arm but can also be right. Im now noticing Im getting sick all the time, colds become chest infections, I had one cold that gave me an eye infection thats now ulcerated infront of my cornea and generally just always run down my childs immune system is (Thankfully) better than mine but Im only 29!. I have had nearly all the standardised test apart from a Lumbar and all they have found is a pingpong ball sized lesion on my front left temporal lobe. I have had no answers, nothing even put on the table for consideration and seems that my neuro is just playing the "Wait and see if it gets worse" game but frustratingly it is and they arent giving me any answers. If anyone has any ideas or experiencing anything similar please let me know as I understand it can take a long time for things to present themselves but its just getting worse with nothing to go on. Should I ask for a new Neuro? Thanks for your time guys

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ally, so sorry to hear about your situation. I'm 63 years old and live in Southern California USA. I've seen a ton of different Neurologists and yes I would definitely recommend seeing a new neurologist. I had multiple strokes, diagnosed with Complex Partial Seizure Disorder and Simple Partial Seizure Disorder, White Brain Matter Disease. I had one neurologist tell me my conditions were due to migraine headaches. You have to find the right one you can trust. What my wife did was take a video of when I was having my seizures, because at the time it was difficult to explain what I had been experiencing. Once my new neurologist saw the video he said that's a seizure and He admitted me to the hospital, ran the correct test and that's how I was diagnosed with Complex and Simple Partial Seizure Disorder. Some doctors don't have a clue and don't even take the time to look at all your MRI & CT brain scans. So again, take a video if necessary and find a new neurologist, one you feel comfortable with and trust. I went through 5 different Neurologists until I found one that cared. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I think I will see a new neuro then, hes seen the twitching first hand and I sent my neuro videos of the twitching and especially the jaw/cheek twitching as it went on so long the cramp I was getting was awful that was a year ago and hes said nothing about them to me. He is a nice person and he is respectful but I feel 8 years is a long time to watch something get worse and do nothing with it. They wont even answer me as to what type of lesion it is but one GP told me "Dont worry its not like its a tumor!" so I can assume its not. I hope your okay from across the pond friend and thank you again for voicing your thoughts :-)

• Posted

Well had my phone call with my GP although didn't get very far at all. Said my symptoms have gotten worse since I last spoke to neuro and I would like to find out how to go about getting a second opinion. Didnt even get a chance to say what my symptoms were and I was told that I would have to discuss everything with my Neuro and he will forward a letter to him to let him know. When I asked again for my options regarding a second opinion he just repeated he will speak to my CURRENT neuro and if there was anything else I wanted :-(. Does everyone else hit brick walls like this? I understand its not something they can just click their fingers and get a diagnosis but they always make me feel like I shouldn't have bothered them at all. I just want things to move forward, think its best I try and save up for a private consultation. If anyone has had good or bad experiences on going private feel free to let me know as I have absolutely no idea what to expect! Thanks guys :-)

• Posted

its so sad to realise how often people are fobbed off when they have legitimate concerns that turn out to be founded. Thanks for your advice its something Im definitely going to ask about if my Neuro see's me. Im thinking of going private now as i feel like Im at the end of the road with my own neuro but il keep posted on here and maybe it will help someone going through something similar . Best of health and luck to you :-)

• Posted

So update time, still no word from my neuro and my Docs just refer me to Neuro whenever I ask anything. Over the last few days my painfree but annoying twitching has become quite painful. Not sure whats going on but even my skin hurt and the pains in my arms and thighs can be horrible, still twitching but instead of it feeling just like movement it feels like a deep dull bruise like pain. Also have a lot of pain coming from behind my eyes, my neck and a crazy dizzy/headache going on. Only thing that helps is ibroprofen but I dont want to be taking the max dose indefinitely just to feel a bit normal. Nothing bad enough to stop me in my tracks but I feel like crap. Any Neuros out there scouring these posts feel free to contact me or anyone with ideas for that matter it would be really appriciated. Thanks everyone :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.