Mri for torn cartilage

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have Mri of my right knee on Tuesday, as orthopedic doctor is sure I have torn cartilage. Does anyone know how long the results will take to come through, so I know if it is torn or not. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not sure, what symptons are you experiencing ? 
    • Posted

Constant pain in knee increasing when turning, climbing up stairs and landing on the effected leg. Pain started after a block tackle 1 year ago playing football. Also my knee, just above my knee, calf and ankle have fluid still from when the injury happened.
  • Posted

Results are usually pretty quick.  I would hope you have a follow up appointment planned and your dr. will tell you.  Usually the techs don't, as they have to send them to be read.  Ask the tech when you are there when the dr. Will get the results so you can get booked in.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Around here you can get a cd of your MRI 15 minutes after the test. Report can be had 4-24 hours after if you call and pick it up. I could not wait myself.

If you have anything bad you should be able to pick it up on the image yourself if you know basic mri reading. Internet helps with that.

• Posted

I'm in Colorado.  I was handed the DVD before I left and went home to make an appt with the surgeon.   I was able to watch it (without much comprehension) before the MD.  He did play it and we went over it together before adding it to my file for reference prior to my surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.