MRI interpretation.

Posted , 3 users are following.

can anybody with relevant experience interpret this mri image spot and obvious problems?image

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You have to give us a start , what body part ? What symptoms ? What do you suspect ?

• Posted

I'll be as brief as possible..ive posted various discussion on my symtoms for the last few years.

About 2 1/2 year ago after a camping trip a massive hayfever reaction and quite a few beers i came down with some mystery illness.

I didnt work for several months with the main symptom being a strange disorientation 'like being on a plane' other symptoms were ear fullness, sore eyes, tirdness, weakness, nasal drip, strange cracking in head ect ect

I was diagnosed with 'labyrinthitus' but i now believe that was incorrect.

At the same time the illness started i had a sore back of neck where it meets the skull and i could feel a lump in the same area.

I paid privately to see and ENT, audiologist both of which found no problems with my ears. Over time a improved and returned to work but have never felt fully 'normal' again.

After a few weeks of the initial illness set in the 'lump' in my neck went down somewhat but never back to normal and i can still feel a lump there, i believe it to be a 'reactive' or 'shotty' node.

I had an MRI and an ultrasound roughly 12 months after start of the illness which i was told was 'normal'

I now believe that i had splenoid sinusitis incorrectly diagnosed as lanyrithitus - and that the lump was a reactive node.

Is there a diagnostic i can request on my sinuses? my patience with my doctors is wearing very thin.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Posted

The scan shows a little lump on the right that a radiologist should explain to you.

You might be right about a sinus problem ,they can wreak havoc ,there are many types that give a wide range of symptoms ,you must investigate with various tests and scans .

Did you try a nasal irrigator with a saline solution? They work wonders.

I also suggest a full battery of tests for ticks transmitted diseases ,because you were in the outdoors , they can bring many symptoms.

This DR is one of the best for ticks diseases , Dr Lesley Ann Fein 1099 Bloomfield Ave Nj

I went a few times

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for the reply,

can you eleborate on the 'lump' you see on the right. All i was told was that the MRI was totally normal.

Is it the right hand side of the photo or my body or both? i am unsure how to orientate the image.

however the 'lump' i can feel beneath the skin (larger when i was really poorly) smaller now is on the right hand side of my neck maybe and inch or so right of my spine and just arlinf the hairline.

Im yet to try a neti pot - as thwy kept telling me it was labyrithitus - after months of feeling the same they then went down the usual route of offering me anto depressants (refused) which seems to be the go to treatment nowadays when they cant figure it out!

• Posted

Remember that I'm not a doctor ,

I see in the middle of the image and slightly to the right a small dark "lump" below those 2 small white "things" , it's probably nothing but you could ask a radiologist.

• Posted

Thanks,

i am able to see the same 'black circle' which appears on several slides of the mri - this being the thickest part.

its the reason i asked the question as its seems to be exactly where i can feel the 'lump' in my neck - provided its the same orientation.

im not knowledgeable to know if its a lump, bone, fluid ect but im able to see that it seems to be exactly where i can feel - provided that is the right side not the left.

am i looking at an enlarged or shotty node in this image?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.