MRI normal feeling disheartened

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi

ive had back pain for years, im 21 and had issues since early teens. i had a lumbar mri that came back with degenerative disc disease in the lower disc and that it was bulging disc. i had the rest of my back done last week which came back fine, he said its a muscle ligament issue. im glad but upset. some of my symptoms do not explain muscle and ligament issues though. I get tingling over my body which she said could be something like arithmetic arthritis or crones disease and a few other things I cannot remember. i feel low about it as i feel like its in my head. anyone else the same?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Megan, try not to be disheartened. I understand how frustrating it is but things can be missed on an mri. I had severe tingling in my legs a year and a half ago and back pain, had an mri which showed mild degeneration i was told but nothing that explained my symptoms. i have had a recent mri privately at the insistence of an osteopath as i have again had recent back pain and tingling. I've now been told i have three trapped nerves and multiple disc herniations. I am still in pain and it frustrates and depresses the hell out of me but at least i have an answer. My osteopath told me an mri is just a picture in time and can sometimes not show things that are causing problems too. Don't give up, your symptoms are real so keep making people listen as symptoms have a cause and if anyone makes you feel like its your imagination them don't listen to them. I hope you find an answer - good luck x

• Posted

HI MEGAN 75

Is your Doctor helping you at all with your issues regarding your pains such as medication. There are some meds which may help you with your pain .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.