Mri reaction

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi has anyone had a reaction to an MRI scan i had one last week didnt have the dye neither did i put the gown on i went in and had it in normal clothes since ive had this i have a really bad burning feeling on my body like bad sunburn my skin is tender and its traveled down and mad my legs feel tender and bad joint ache in my hips i do have pins in both hips and one pin is broken...just want to see if anyone has had similar experience theres no redness or itching just a burning sensation many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

yes me too. I had a upper cervical xray, throat, lower skull and upper back, as id been to a chiropractor who had caused serious injuries from a double neck twist which they do, Lesson learnt never to go near a chiro again - however i had the xray, Felt terrible. Had three days immediately after feeling exhauted, washed out and ill. And burning skin all over. like literally everywhere, scalp, inside of heels of foot, genitals, my whole body felt lilke the worst sunburn ever., Was horrid. My throat actually felt burnt too like id drank acid, my lungs felt awful like they were burnt and this was the last thing i ever expected after an xray. It seems the xrays are much stronger these days, my last one was 20 years ago. Had no effects then. So i dont trust at all xrays, my doctor said it was in my head pretty much and the hospital when i called to complain said it was impossible. Sorry im usually very fit and healthy before this chiro stuff which lead to the xrays, fully coherant and have a professional job - things are not 'in my head;. So really feel for you Mark as i went through the same. That was 7 weeks ago and i still get burning flaring up every other day, from what i understand x ray radiation is powerful stuff. It passes through the body, this isnt a joke, theres a reason they hide behind a booth when taking them and warn pregnant women not to have them. Our internal organs and skin are flooded with dangerous radiation that they claim is safe in small doses...but in big doses it kills you, so how is that safe. And then you end up like this with what we have suffered, as our body sadly has been exposed to a terrible toxin and we trusted the doctors. never again i feel so bad i put my body through it and have done without doubt terrible damage to it. It affects the skin cells, immune system, my face also came out in pigmentation like large freckles, fine lines and i had really good skin before that. Its aged me slightly and my hair actually washed out with more washing out in the shower after this, its gone very dry from the radiation and ive definitely had hair loss. So if someone wants to tell me its in my head let them, as thats absolute rubbish,. the NHS should explain whats going on and why this is happening. Interestingly when i turned down the CT scan after having this awful effect to an xray, with a CT scan being 50 times stronger and reading bad reactions to MRI on here too, i asked for ultrasound, Which could be done on the head and neck as an alternative with more limited risks than CT / MRI. I was refused that and told they only offer the higher risk more toxic options. Refused flat out to to ultrasound, which is used to check thyroids on nhs, but why not head and neck, especially as mine was a vascular issue after potential neck artery and head damage from the chiro. Suspicious to me why they wont use safer methods, maybe keeping the nhs in a job, ina  few years we may have radiation issues, tumors, cancer or other problems that can arise from having radiation pass through your body. If anyone checks the radiation charts online standard abdominal CT scan is equivalent they say to 7 years radiation they claim is natural background raditaion. Well 7 years in one cant be good for someones body, so i never ever will be having any xrays again. And looking into private healthcare as it seems they are the only hospitals who offer safer options like ultrasound etc.

• Posted

Mark, Please join Facebook group - MRI Injuries and Side Effects

There are a number of us in the same boat sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.