Mri results

Posted , 29 users are following.

Hi, I'm just wondering how long the wait normally is for results for MRI scan and what the norm is for receiving them; do you get a letter if it's good or bad news or do they ring you sooner if it's bad news? I had the scan 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything but when I came out, they said to phone up the hospital a week later, but when I phoned, they said the final report wasn't ready yet, should I be worried? I was also in the scanner for about 45mins altogether and had to have dye into my arm and buscopan. Any information would be helpful as the wait is making me worry!

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I'm new to this. 

I've had recurrent acute pancreatitis over the last 18 months. Don't drink, smoke or obese and no gallbladder. I'm still waiting for Mrcp results from 25/09/17! Had repeat bloods done 2 weeks ago. I believed that if I was waiting this long that it won't be anything sinister but the consultants secretary said even cancer result patients are waiting about 4/5 weeks!  Literally out of my mind worrying now. I'm not losing weight anymore but have lost 8 stone in the last 2 years after oesphagul surgery/hernia. I feel sick quite a lot and have severe wind pains and won't eat if I'm at work as I suffer too much. Anyone out there who might be able to offer any information about the wait for results or if they're suffering same kind of symptoms ? Thank you  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.