MRI Results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry i'm a bit panicky at the moment- I had an MRI on Saturday for a suspected large cyst and now a nervous wreck waiting for the results. They asked if I had a follow-up appointment scheduled which I have for next week but I asked if I could get the results any sooner, they said to call up this week to see. Havent had any luck so far as the consultant i'm under isnt in so will try again tomorrow- if the results are in am I likely to be told over the phone or will they delay until my appointment next week, what are other people's experiences on this?

I just dont want this not knowing hanging over my head over the Easter weekend and can't cope with being so uncomfortable anymore, so fed up sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah- I don't know if this will help,but I feel for you. I had 2 US scans then a CT scan over a period of 3 weeks before Xmas. Because new year followed I didn't get a phone call from the liaison nurse until Jan 5th.She said the CT showed no spread of anything outside the pelvic area and no fluid in that area and my bloods were normal so that reassured me even tho they said no results for malignancy would be given until 2 weeks after op. Maybe an MRI scan is different,I don't know. To say it spoilt Xmas and New year is an understatement! Your results should be quicker- at least before Easter. I had 2 cysts etc. removed by a hysterectomy and they took a biopsy of the Omentum- my choice as I'm 74. We do tend to think the worst don't we when actually mine was all benign but didn't find that out until February. Once I got an operation date(Jan27) I decided to start enjoying each day of January as worrying was getting me nowhere!  and it was all in the hands of the surgeon. He was brilliant as was the care I received. 9 weeks on I feel great,back to normal. To the doctors it's all routine and they will help you,but to us it's a very scary place to be.x
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your reply Sylvia, that's reassuring. I'm glad you are better now and feeling good.

Just wondered whether they would tell me over the phone or if they are likely to make me wait until my appointment, just feel so emotional at the moment and not getting much sleep as you can imagine x

• Posted

hi Silvia listen its it's natural to be worried but don't worry yourself until you get sick please don't do that I've had over and problems as a matter of fact a few weeks ago I had mine removed abdominal I had an ovarian torsion I got through it you're going to be fine and listen they are all don't let sometimes I go back to regular or should I say normal do not worry which is easy for me to say I'm going to say don't worry yourself until you're sick take it easy take a breath you're going to be fine I promise you don't let it ruin your Easter weekend go out there have a good time ok and be blessed
    • Posted

Hi sarah- they did tell me over the phone. A nurse rang me up at start and said she would be co-ordinating everything about my care and she kept in touch or I could phone her. I live in North East and was treated at James Cook hospital,Middlesbrough. Keep phoning up until you get answers.It's the worst time that you are going through now I was drinking every night to try and blot it out! but there is light at the end of a very dark tunnel and you will get through it safely. Worst thing for me was my kids and husband worrying whether I had cancer. Have you had your CA125 blood results? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.