MRI Results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Pain Mngt doc sent me for an MRI on my knees and got the report back. I looked up some of the info and it doesn't look good. I don't know how my knees got this way, I'm about to be 43 and I feel much older. 

Left knee

Grade1-2 healing versus chronic proximal MCL sprain

Moderate healing versus chronic proximal fibular collateral ligament sprain

Mild proximal popliteus tendinopathy 

minimal/premature tricompartmental joint space loss and marginal irregularity 

Grade2-3 chondromalacia inferior patella

Small to moderate suprapatellar joint effusion

Righ knee:

Degeneratvie Change and some partial tearing of posterior root ligament of the medial meniscus with extrusion of the body

Intact Lateral meniscus

Tricompartmental arthropathy with small tricompartmental ostephytes. Grade 4 chondromalacia patelle. Focal grade 2 trochlear groove chondromalacia

Grade 1 MCL sprain 

So....what now?????

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This board is great for advice from other patients who have been through various knee issues, but I am hoping that the only advice you get for this post is to seek recommendations from a orthopedic surgeon - maybe even a first and second opinion. He or she can plan a course of treatment for you based on your overall health, activity level, occupation and personal goals for your health. I would seek physician recommendations from others in your area and start there. They may recommend anything from rest, PT, injections, or even surgery. I don't think that any of us civilians on this board are qualified to suggest any other course of action. I hope you find a reputable orthopedic and receive excellent care!  Good luck!

• Posted

Dee...I just wanted to know if this was as bad as I think it is. Or if it is minimal in the way of being a problem. 
  • Posted

There's no point getting ahead of yourself.  Do what the rest of us does and wait for your follow up appoinment. You'll deal with it, whatever it is.  It may well not be a problem. Just chill.

• Posted

Well, I have to say that I'm disappointed in the level of support and information I've gotten here. I'm part of another board for breast cancer that is so much more than this...makes me thankful even more for that place. Ya'll take care. Hope everyone recovers from their problems and Merry Christmas. 

• Posted

I am really sorry that you are disappointed with us. I feel this group has been a tremendous source of support and advice for getting through difficult situations with knee issues.  However, I feel like what you were asking us was to interpret your MRI results, which none of us are qualified to do for you.  I'm sure everyone out here would love to be of assistance and support if we knew what else we could help with - things that some of us have been through and provide encouragement and advise. Have someone qualified interpret these test results for you and please let us know when you find out what they say so we can provide support for you as you go forward with your diagnosis and treatment options. This group really is a great resource and I hope you won't give up on us. Hope you get answers soon!

• Posted

It seems as though you're asking non-medical people to interpret mri results and now you sound like you're angry because we can't do that...huh?

• Posted

I wasnt intending on asking for an interpretation sorry if that is how it came across. I had just hoped that someone with more expeirence with knee problems might know what some of this means. I didn't like being told to chill out, it just seemed rude. It's fine, I've googled some of my stuff and I can see what I might be dealing with. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.