MRI results are in - any advice???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had a similar report??? i am a 26 yr old healthy fit person and am just trying to make sense of this.

impression:

marked enlargement and replacement of the right ovary by a 9.9 cm mixed cystic and solid mass with internal vascularity, worrisome of neoplasia. in addition, although left ovary is not enlarged, its contains a 1.8 cm complex cystic lesion, without appreciable internal vascularity.

has anyone had a similar result and went through surgery? what were the results of your biopsy? my follow up with my gyn is next thursday and hopefully i can get these things removed ASAP. please any feedback would help. ive been with my bf for 7 years and we want to start a family. Doc already mentioned my right ovary will likely be removed im ok with just one!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

correction - this is from the ultrasound NOT MRI. sorry still learning.

• Posted

what were your symptoms?...and how does this happen

• Posted

pelvic pain, soreness, constipation, feeling depressed, thigh pain..not bloated i lost weight not gained.. also was going through a tough time with my mom as she was in icu (doing better now) which also contributed to my stress and weight loss.im sorry how did what happen?

• Posted

hi! as well, im a healthy 23 year old and i had a 7 cm cyst found and had to get it removed. my right ovary had to go along with it. the healing process wasnt the most fun, but it really helped regulate uterus function with my periods and the pain etc. i am now pregnant with my first child, almost exactly a year after my surgery. (im six months pregnant) dont be too concerned, make sure u have a great doctor, and itll be wellll worth it in the end. youll have tremendous relief

• Posted

thanks itschelle .. thats reassuring. im not afraid of having one ovary more than im afraid its cancer .. was your ultrasound comparable with mine? im concerned cause its both cystic and solid with internal vascularity. thats the part that makes it potentially cancerous.. my mri results should be in by monday or tuesday hopefully that will make things more clear.

• Posted

i never got to see my official records as i was more told directly what was going on. so i cant use the technical terms, but once they removed my cyst they sent it out for testing for cancer and although it was shown to be benign, it was a cyst filled with fluid/hair/etc. (teratoma) will they be able to tell u whether your cyst is cancerous or not with ur MRI? im sure they will at least be able to tell u what kind of cust it is. ovarian cysts are so common unfortunately for us, usually harmless, so im praying for you and hoping for a smooth journey ❤

• Posted

thanks so much..im assuming theyd be able to sometimes mris can come up inconclusive and they dont want to say anything until its been tested. hoping mine wont be the case. you never had an mri for yours?

• Posted

no i cant say that i have. i had a worry i had a cyst so i told my obgyn and she just performed an ultrasound vaginally right then and there and detected it. but action in timely manner is critical, i had surgery 2 weeks after they found it. try not to over worry yourself until u find out more info; even then try to refrain ur energy, u will need it for the healing process. mentally too. everyones experience is different so theres no telling what yours will be just yet but all in all will be for the greater good and faster for your body to heal to prepare babies 😃)

• Posted

thanks you are right .. certainly been stressing to the max. i will definitely make sure the surgery happens sooner than later. the moment i felt symptoms i addressed right away with my gyn. found this out last week and mri was yesterday. i have my follow up tues and i am going to insist on surgery asap. i live in nyc so i have a lot of resources to get this over with!! thanks for taking the time to talk to me ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.