mri scan

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all i have a mri tomoror for my headaches and dizzy spells due to my aniexty my doc thinks the results will be fine but i just want to know if they did find something serious on the scan would they tell u straight away or will i have to wait till the results are sent bk to my doc prob a week later

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

They get analysed thoroughly after you have your scan so you will probably have to wait if it was anything serious. Though to be fair, like you said, it is highly unlikely and your anxiety making you think of worst case scenario. I used to do this a lot so know what you're going through, hang in there. If the Dr says there will probably be nothing then try and think like that. Also, a week isn't as long as it seems. I have just waited 12 weeks and a day (85 days) between physio appointment after my MRI scan. Now that was a wait. 
    • Posted

thanks for your reply claire i suppose a week its not alot compared to ur wait i think myself ill be alrite fingers crossed ill post my results thanks
    • Posted

Think of it this way, a week is 7 days, 2 of which are weekend days and not working days, 2 days before the ananlyst sees your scan, 1 - 2 days before results are sent to your GP, and then s few days before you see your GP smile 
    • Posted

wen u put it like that it does not seem long thanks for ur help nice to know they are people to talk to
  • Posted

Hi I have anxiety and having Frequent headaches dont know what to do iv seen that It can be 1 of the symptoms shall I not worry about it and carry on with every day life or go see a dr iv had blood tests and had my blood pressure took and 1 other test all came back fine it doesn't stop me from doing things and they havent changed just need a bit of reassurance
    • Posted

its prob just aniexty paul i have headaches every day along with dizzy spells i have done all bloods all good just doin mri for assurances to put my mind at ease doc says its aniexty they knw more that us

• Posted

MRI scans r written out by the MRI radiology dept. the result is then sent to UR doc for him to read ang interpet the scan to u. If anything serious is found its hospital policy to contact the patient immediately.

so in most cases no news is good news..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.