MRI scan. Best option? Do I need 2 seperate ones for 2 (seemingly) seperate issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok. Here's the short of it. For the past 2 years I have been suffering from constant all over body twitching. The doctors I have seen haven't got a clue - they just did several full blood counts - which didn't show up anything that could conceivably be causing this.

I'm now way past the stage where I want to try and get some kind of diagnosis for this.

Would an MRI scan be the best option?

I also have another issue that started about a month ago - which is lower back and butt pain - this really hurts and seems to have gotten worse over the short time I've had it.

So there they are. 2 'conditions' which may or may not be related. I take it that if I have an MRI scan (or similar) that I would have to have 2. One for the lower back/spine and perhaps another of my brain to see if anything weird is going on there?

Is that how it works or do you need just one?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Are you suffering from some sort of stressful incident in your life? Severe stress can bring on this sort of body twitching and also the lower back/butt pain that you are describing. What happened 2/3 years ago when the twitching started?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.