MRI Scan Diagnosed Severe Arthritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Consultant recommended Knee Replacement.

The pain in my knee is now quite mild, I started taking high strength Turmeric Extract 2 weeks ago.

Should I still consider Knee Replacement?

DaPa

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Unfortunately knees cannot heal the damage from osteoarthritis / arthritis . It is a progressive disease.

Supplements do not repair or stop the damage or solve the issue. When you are ready be sure you locate a surgeon who does many many knee replacements a year and has a good surgery team and know what implant components he uses , look it up online or some surgeons have them on display in their office. It's always good to be your own self advocate and learn what is involved with knee surgery, rehab and a better understanding can help you stay strong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.