MRI scan of left ear

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently developed a ringing noise in my left ear and my GP has said she will refer me for a MRI scan to see what is going on and eliminate the remote chance of anything sinister going on.

I was wondering if there is anyone else who has had an MRI scan can tell me how long it took for their appointment to arrive.

Thank you, Ian

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had a couple of MRI scans on my head.  I didn't have to wait more than 2 weeks, but i suppose it depends on the hospital area and how 'urgent' the scan is thought to be.  2 weeks' waiting time here is considered 'urgent', but rest assured nothing sinister was found and certainly, in my case, the MRIs showed no reason for the tinnitus. If you've never had an MRI scan it's good to familiarize yourself with the process.   It's noisy, but ignore any scare stories.  Take a good CD with you of your favourite music - you have to wear headphones anyway and our hospital suggests bringing along some music.    The process takes a few minutes, totally painless. An MRI scanner - a brilliant piece of expensive equipment  .Hope this info is helpful.   Best wishes.

• Posted

I now have a date for my MRI scan, it is this Thursday, the 14th September when hopefully I will find out what is going on in my ear and my head. I also hope it may show what is going on with the constant buzzing in my left ear.

I will post a message on here once I have had the scan.

Ian

• Posted

Hi Ian

How did your scan go? I was told I'll get a scan in 4-5 weeks and it will take 45 minutes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.