MRI / scan results - far too much going on.....!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently posted this on BACK PAIN discussion but perhaps it should have been posted on this discussion - so apologies if you have seen this before:

I am shocked at the results of a recent round of tests for my spine - had an MRI , X-rays and Nuclear Bone Scan and Bone Density scan and I am waiting for the consultation for a decision to be made about what can be done to help....

The Reports say I have;

Degenerative arthritis L5/S1 with disc bulge (this is causing the most pain currently).

sub acute wedge fractures - L1 +L2 +T10 +T11 (vertebral collapse)

End plate degenerative Changes in T7/8 T8/9.

And Smorl's Nodes - whatever they are and something called Modic type 1 in places

My Dexa scan was unremarkable and not showing any osteoarthritis - brilliant for my age over 70 ! So why these fractures if not osteoporotic in nature and without trauma?

In 1987 I had a disc removed from L4/5 and have had problems ever since but I have managed my life mainly with pain meds and in last 10 years, steroid injections and 3 years ago a Denervation - which cauterised the pain receptor nerves loer lumbar area - that was very successful and lasted over 3 years....but probably not a good idea if it hid a lot of underlying problems that only manifest when pain is present....

I had a TKR which didn't help the spine as I was walking out of kilter for a good 9 months but all good with knee now...thanks goodness something went right....

If anyone can throw any light on this for me I would much appreciate to know as much as I can so I have a prepared list of questions to ask before my next consultation....

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.