Mri scan results. Looking for help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I recently had an MRI scan of my spine. As I have severe scoliosis. It says i have disc degeneration of the cervical and lumbar spine. Not sure what thus means. Anybody have any knowledge about this?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi have more or less the same result and to be honest i don't think its that bad but i will ask when i see my rheumatologists next time

• Posted

Hi do you have any pain? The top of my back get sore, then sometimes the bottom too. And the neck of my neck

• Posted

Not a massive amount i dont think but i have numerous other medical conditions that are more of a problem as i also have

spondylolisthesis which i was told required surgery years ago but because my brother had it and it actually caused major problems i declined.

Do you do regular exercise to alleviate it

• Posted

Caused by wear and tear of the spinal discs. This occurs due to drying out of the discs over time making the discs lose their support and function. Most commonly noted symptoms are pain in the legs, thighs and buttocks, lower back, neck, weakness, muscle spasms, physical deformity or stiffness. Treatment includes exercise, medication, physical therapy, pain-relieving medication, and surgery.

• Posted

Hi thanks for the information. I am having pain in the top of my back and back of my neck. Sometimes lower back. I also have an undiagnosed autoimmune disease. So not sure which is causing what pain.

• Posted

I have the same disc degeneration in my back and neck I also have Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis . which affect the ligiments and muscles around the spine.

• Posted

The Cervical spine is the neck area of the spinal column and the Lumbar spine is the spinal area at your waistline/lower back. Between each bone in the spine there is a disc of tissue which helps to keep the spine supple and bendy and also absorbs any shock waves through the spine.

As we get older,its quite common for most people to have some disc degeneration as the discs start to bulge and get thin, often causing pain along the nerves coming off the spine. This doesnt always need treatment apart from exercise/physiotherapy or just pain killers/anti inflammatories.

Its up to your consultant to decide on the best way forward,in discussion with you.

Hope that helps.

• Posted

Hi thanks for the information. I've never experienced any pain before until a few months ago. Along with other symptoms. At a loss as to what's causing me to feel so unwell and on pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.