Mrs

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Graves disease in January but continue to feel unwell although my blood results have improved I am taking Carbimazole 5mg twice a day and 40mg of propanalol  twice a day for the shakes.  I feel so unwell, unable to sleep at night. When I do sleep I crash for up to 18/24 hours. I have no energy,headche and muscle aches.  I am finding it hard just getting through the day.  I have a telephone appointment with the endocrinologist today (I hope) and blood test next Monday.  Any advice PLEASE

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You could ask your endo about your treatment progress and your latest thyroid hormone levels (including the normal range).

I had a relapse of Graves disease in January. Initially, I had to take 30mg Carbimazole, then 20mg, then 5mg. I am off medications for about a week. 

Before reducing the dose from 20mg to 5 mg I became hypothyroid and was very tired and could easily sleep for 12 hours a day.  

• Posted

Thank you.  I am having a blood test tomorrow (managed to get in brought forward) and depending on the results the Endocrynologist said she may reduce the dose of carbimazole  I have put on weight and I am bloated. I honestly think my levels have droped
  • Posted

Mrs,

Good luck with everything. Diagnosed 3 weeks ago . , some shakes and lots of weakness but able to get through the day at work, I’m sure this disease hit everyone differently. I’m on 20 mg of  methimazole In am 10 mg night and 50 mg  atenolol for heart racing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.