Mrs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i had my gall nladder removed 6 days ago ive felt great untill yesterday when i had dreadful reflux pain and spent the afternoon in the bsthroom . JUST HAD 1 SLICE OF TOAST AND SCRAMBLED EGGS .

pain is back intermittently . All the info i read is conflicting . I get the no fat thing so thats fine but IS THIS JUST EARLY DAYS . Any suggestion please as to what to eat . how to stop the chest and back pain . Jo

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, i had my gall bladder taken out in 1997 which was 22 years ago, i still suffer for it, when i get severe pain i know ive eaten something i shouldnt have but its still early days for you, it took me a good month to heal probably but everyones different, i would stay away from foods that contain alot of fat like sausages and mince but i drain out the juice from the mince when im cooking it, with me dairy products really effect me in a huge way, the pain is sometimes hard to bare and puts me into tears, but its more about eating right, you can eat anything you want and will get to know what foods effect you and what food doesnt, i still struggle from day to day with the pain, i have my good days and i have my bad days, i know how you feel, its horrible sometimes but i know you will get through it, hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Hi thank you just had some soup so will see what happens .

• Posted

Ooooooh eggs! try ans stick to a very low fat diet for a few weeks, oatmeal with almond milk, fruit, smoothies, vegatable soup etc, it will get better but alot of adjustment is going on right now x

• Posted

I can only go by my cousin's experience. The first time she tried to eat, and it was just a couple of mouthfuls of weetabix and tea, she had explosive runs, and she had this problem for over a week every time she tried to eat. But it slowly settled down and eventually she started retaining OK. It's now been 7 weeks and she is able to eat normal sized meals without problems. She was warned she would be full of gas which would cause pain and take time to disperse, so she was expecting pain in her back and shoulder. She was lucky and didn't have that or reflux. But my neighbour did experience both for a week - the gas had to disperse. Both said they had extreme tummy pain for a week, which pain killers did not seem to touch, but again, as the bruising subsided, so did the pain. I can only suggest very small bland meals at first, just a few mouthfuls, or something like half a cup of Complan, a meal replacement drink. Little and often. My cousin now feels great and is no longer on a knife edge waiting for the gall bladder pains to strike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.