Mrs Johnson

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been taking pregabelin for 7 weeks now for nerve pain after an ungunal op I've put weight on not helping putting the weight on has helped a little with pain some days not helping with the depression still have the same thoughts should i stop taking the pregabelin or carry on go see my doctor to see wat other options they can give me .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Lesley

Please go and talk this out with your Doctor - whatever you do, do not suddenly stop taking it as this can cause seizures (look at the side effects etc. on the accompanying leaflet). Pregabalin is a very powerful drug, it changes your brain chemistry and central nervous system within one week of taking it. Patients can become dependent on it very quickly. If it is not working for you first discuss with your GP, if you are told to take a higher dose to see if that works better please don't. Do some research first so that you are able to make an informed choice. In my experience the medical profession know little about the side effects and withdrawals with this drug. There is a support group on Fb, Lyrica Survivors (Pregabalin support) for people with questions and needing help to come off this carefully . It is a closed group and the information in their files is second to none. As you have only been on Pregab for 7 weeks it is easier to come down in dosage without too many withdrawal symptoms. The longer you remain on it the more difficult it becomes to come off. I was on Pregab for 3 years at 200mg a day and suffered terrible side effects. It has taken me 8 months to slowly and carefully taper down and off. Not everyone suffers such effects, each patient is different, but overall in my opinion it is a drug to avoid.

This is obviously your choice to make and I hope you are able to make the right choice for yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.