Mrs Pauline

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was rushed to hospital mid november they discovered sepsis and gave me an immediate full hysterctomy .Iam tired lost my sex drive have sweats all at i am looking for any advice to help get through this Iam 55 yrs old

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Assume you discussed these symptoms with your doctor. What was his/her response?

• Posted

yes my doctor has advised me to try patches which I wil give a try after my medication is finished

• Posted

Sounds reasonable as your hormone production has been halted with no ovaries where most of it was produced. At 55 I assume you were already in menopause(?) I still have ovaries, but not enough estrogen production which has caused other problems after menopause. I am using a hormone cream now though menopause was 20 years ago.

There are some natural herbs like Black Cohosh, Dong Quai, Ginseng and Evening Primrose Oil that might help, but you might want to run that idea by your doc.

I tried those but can't remember they made much difference ( I wasn't really bothered by hot flashes). We're all different when it comes to this stuff.

When will you be finished with your current med ?

• Posted

Hi Pauline, There is one other possibility to consider as well..Post Sepsis Syndrome. I had sepsis when I was 58; I'm 64 now..and I had some strange difficult to explain symptoms..one being what you're describing. Just something to consider.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.