Mrs Phillipa Hoare

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have just had my PIP assessment on the 24 april 2018 went extremely well had a really sympathetic and caring assessor who knew what she was doing and selected certain questions on my claim form (that I received and filled in and sent back on the 29 march 2018) telephone claim on the 23 march 2018.  that she felt relevant to go through as she wanted to help me put in detail why I am claiming PIP.  I have had a relapse of my Depression and anxiety condition back in December 2017, as I have had a lot of personal things going on in my life that have really affected me a lot, so much that I have had to go on a double dose of my antidepressants tablets from 50mg to 100mg, as I just wasn't coping with things like my daughter self harming due to bullying at school (she is 13 years old) my husband having being diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis and losing my mum 3 years ago this October 2018 due to dementia and as a result of this this was affecting my job which I had to give up back in march of this year 2018.  So I am now waiting for a result of my assessment now, but the worrying now of not knowing what is going on upto me going up to the 100mg dose of my tablets, I had two bad days where I just sank into my weird zone not really focusing on what was on television, and decided to drink half a bottle of cinzano bianco alcohol and boy I did feel better afterwards but having touched it since ( a few weeks ago).  I am waiting now to attend my first mood/stress group session I think the first Saturday in june.  Can anyone else on here tell me if anyone else in the Filton area of Bristol has had a PIP assessment in the last few weeks and if so, how long have they been told they will have to wait, because I have been told by my PIP assessor that it could be 2 - 4 weeks is this right? any answer would be great thank you in advance yours pippa

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Phillipa,

There's no time scales to any of these decisions, it really does depend on the backlog in your area. The assessor will have no idea how long a decision can take, they would only be guessing. It can be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.

Can i ask how you know the assessment went really well? is it because you've got a copy of the assessment report? Or just because you feel it went well?

If you don't have a copy of the assessment report then i'd advice that you ring DWP tomorrow morning and ask them to send you a copy of this. This report will tell you in lots of detail exactly how the assessment went and what points you scored. In the report will be boxes with dots against them. You need to compare those box/dots with the current PIP descriptors to see what you scored. The decision maker usually goes with the report and it's rare for them to go against it.

Did you send in evidence to support your claim? are you transferring from DLA, or is it a PIP review or a new PIP claim?

Good luck and hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.