MRSA & Bronchiectasis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone hope your all ok today :-). 

I had a cold 3 weeks ago & the infection went to my lungs & I started to cough up blood which is normal for me, I also coughed up a lump of tissue that was sent to the lab, when I got the results back I was told I have MRSA but they didn't say where. Has anyone else had MRSA due to Bronchiectasis? I have read on some sites you are more often to MRSA with Bronchiectasis & it can be ongoing & dangerous if in the lungs. Any feed back would be gratefully received :-)

Dave. 

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Dave I know you wrote this a year ago but I thought it can't hurt to reply back still so I have a very similar problem I happened to get phemmonia recently and once they looked deeper into it cause I was so bad they found I had developed Mrsa in my lungs as well they had my on all kinds of antibiotics but after researching I found there is no antibiotic out there that can kill off Mrsa but I did more research & discover Raw Manuka Honey & scientist are currently working on it being a possible cure for Mrsa so I've been taking 2  1/2 tablespoons of honey a day for 2 days now  and I can feel relief already but I did start coaching up blood here & there I thought it was possibly from the honey killing the Mrsa in my lungs/blood but since you had that symptom I'm curious as to why now so my question to you is do you know why you were coughing up blood? & my advise to you if you still have it which I'm sure since it never fully goes away try Raw Manuka Honey you can find it at your local vitamin shop or supplement store it's a bit spendy but totally worth it and don't get the pill make sure it's actual manuka honey k & I know I'm a late replier but I hope you still get this & it helps your the first person online I've found that has what I have and if I come up with anything else I'll be sure to inform you hope you can do the same😊

• Posted

I am actually writing this message to all Bx patients.  Most GP doctors are not familiar with Bx so they don't give good suggestions for keeping it calm.  Once in awhile you may find a foreign born doctor who is more familiar with Bx since it seems to be more common in the poorer countries. I happen to have recently gotten an Indian GP who has given me better info than any doctor so far, including my pulmonologist. She gave me doxycycline that finally cleared up my infection. In addition I am using the nebulizer one to two times a day.  I feel that it is the most important thing you can do to keep infection out of your lungs.  By using the nebulizer and the flutter valve, I feel cleansed and relieved. I make sure I do the nebulizer and flutter valve always before using my asthma inhaler. If you do it the other way around, the saline solution dilutes the inhaled med. I wish someone had told me that sooner. 

Most of all, I continue to pray for a procedure for those of us who have Bx and asthma.  The asthma meds are so destructive to the rest of our organs.  I now have Osteopenia and lots of bone issues. Of course, steroids can harm  the skin, kidneys and liver, among others.  I am not sure how much it had to do with my thyroid cancer, but now I don't have a thyroid and depend on meds for that function.  I try to eat a  healthy diet and as little meat as possible. I am eating more organic veggies too. 

There are so many procedures out there now for pain management of bone problems like degenerative disks.  I just hope and pray  that research for lung procedures will come shortly for us, since heart procedures have come so far in the last 40 years. I hope we will see stents or whatever for our underperforming bronchi, if that is what it needs to repair our disease.

I encourage all of you who have or know someone who has Bx to put this in your prayers: a procedure to bring back the function of our bronchi. 

I continue to pray for those Biochemists who are developing new meds for us who have Bx, Asthma or MRSA and the researchers who are working in the labs with new techniques to regenerate our lungs. Blessings to all of you who struggle with this disease, asthma and MRSA. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.