MRSA in surgical wound

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 12 weeks post op for my first operation

10 weeks post op of my second operation. When I got my cast removed (week 9) some of my scar was not healed and looked yellow.

I went to the hospital, a day care centre and m doctors surgery on multiple occasions because I knew something was not right. Eventually I have been diagnosed with MRSA.

I am walking with out crutches in my moon boot and I am back to work tomorrow. It was just a reminder to people of you don't think something is right persist until you know for sure.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Quite right after all it is your life!

Hope it all goes well for you.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Thank you Richard I'm back to work and everything just got to keep my wounds covered which they are.

And keep them clean so doing it myself until I can get back to the hospital

• Posted

Way to trust your gut! We often doubt ourselves but "we" can only truly know what feels ok or not in our body. A good reminder to others who may not be speaking up. Thanks for sharing. Speedy recovery to you!

• Posted

Thank you soccer gal.

It just wasn't right it wasn't healing it was weeping and I started to get blotches (like allergies) around the wound and I just knew.

Hopefully it helps people to be safe than sorry.

• Posted

Remember to level up your walking whils in boot a shoe to keep you lined up. Got avoid that hip knee and back injury  I'm a bit of a nag about this as it's so important. You can get a shoe called an Even Up Shoe not expensive and could save a wealth of pain 

• Posted

I think I'm out of the boot Wednesday.

To be honest my trainer is almost level with the boot so I'm not so bad.

How about after the boot what do you suggest?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.