Ms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had Lapidus arthrodesis bunionectomy surgey 2days ag.  I have developed pain in my thigh area radiating at the back to the knee.  Has anyone with this procedure experienced this kind of pain

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I didn't have any problems with my legs or knee pain. I had my surgery July 6 the only pain I had and still have, although it is not as painful as it was when I first had the surgery and that pain is in my big toe. I would check with the Dr. to see what caused that.

• Posted

Thank you.  I will check with my doctor.  When I had the same surgery on the other foot I did not have any problems.
  • Posted

I think you really need to go to emergency room and get checked for a blood clot. Better safe than sorry.
  • Posted

I hope you are doing good and the pain in your leg wasn't anything serious. Good luck with your bunion recovery. My Dr took my off my crutches today for short distance walks.... I'm so excited!

• Posted

Excellent!  Good luck and all the best.  My pain has disappeared after I massaged my thighs on a regular basis and applied voltarol.  I am in more pain than last time, especially around forefoot and where my bone of the bunion was shaved off.  I have doctor’s appointment next week and will be put in fibreglass cast if all is ok.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.