Ms

Posted , 4 users are following.

can I take b12 for my hands as the joints are stiff and aching when I also take hrt

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria

May I suggest that you check you b12 first by blood test then top up if needed you can easily overdose on b12 so careful does it. Also try buckthorne sea oil rich in omega 3/6/7 and 9. Take care x

• Posted

my GP and authority guidlines said you cant overdose on b12 as you pee out what you dont need , that interesteing where did you hear that please

• Posted

I have Vit B12 injections 3 monthly and use oestradiol, plus my blood levels are in ref range but my gp believes extra Vit B12 is beneficial anyway. I have not heard it is good for stiff and aching joints, but Vit D is supposed to be. Have a blood test for Vit D, and if it is low (some of us, like myself, do not absorb Vit D either from the sun nor from Vit D tablets, then best and effective Vit D is a practitioner's brand Vit D3 forte drops - 4-6 drops daily, and you will see you levels increase next blood test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.