Ms and selling a house.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Wish I knew what to do. I have to sell my house because I can't afford it and all of my credit card debt. I have ms. My house has equity in it.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did you ever think of it as a 'blessing in disguise"?  There's no blessing or nothing good about MS; but what I mean is perhaps this is forcing you to make the decision to get rid of a house you cant take care of with your condition.

Why not sell it, get a cheaper condo or even apartment where everything is done for you (outside work, caring for the home, etc - rather than the burden of caring for it all yourself) and the equity will reduce or pay off your debt and help cushion you a little.  Just a thought.  

We are in a similar boat although we dont have a house, we live in a nice area.  If i have to go on disability, my wife and I will pack up and go down south to a cheaper state and make the best of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.