MS and work???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

iv had MS symptoms for about 20 years but hate going to the doctors so just put them to the back of my mind but in February it was taken out of my hands and I was hospitalised and after an MRI scan and Lumber puncture it was diagnosed.

its been 4 months now and I'm still waiting for my appointment next month with my neurologist so I'm on no medication yet. I feel completely different to how I did before the episode having many symptoms every day but the worst thing is the fatigue, I've been tired as long as I can remember but this is completely different and waking up exhausted every day is worrying that I'm ever going to get some energy levels back ever?

Before the episode I had my own mobile hairdressing business, really busy! 

Im wondering now if il ever be able to do hairdressing again?

i wondered if any of you are able to work as you have always done?

Sarah

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello sarah!

I am stressing about my MRI!

To make things short..

I am 22 year old female and I work security. Depending on what job my employer gives me (security agency) it may require for me to stand for long periods of time or it my require me to watch monitors. When I first started doing security I was always sitting down but then my hours got cut and my employer updated me on a job that needed me to stand from 4pm to 11pm for one day and then she asked me to do it again the next day.

Something was triggered in my body I was tired, numbness and tingling in my hands and feet, tired all of the time, blurred vision etc.

I told my employer I needed to find an answer so she stopped updating me on jobs just so I can give her an Answer to help accommodate me.

Got an MRI gave my results to a neurologist and he said I had lesions of MS but it hasn't fully developed he said to give it time. I asked him to write something for me so I can fax it in to work so that I can start working again. It's been 3 months since I worked and nothing. I call her every week to see if there is anything available but no.

I feel discriminated against what should I do??

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.