Ms Beth Le Poidevin

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am a 73 year old woman just been diagnosed with TN.

Fortunately i have never taken medication , do not like what  I read about side effects.

my Doctor recommended Steroid....no way ..but she did tell me about CBD balm and oil which I could purchase from a health shop.

i am in Lisbon at the moment going down to the algarve till the beginning of March .

have to say since the first day of using the balm I have been pain free.

unfortunatly it’s not something the pharmaceutical companies which to hear .... but I do hope you will publish this letter.

it really works.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i  would  like   more  information   about  this  oil   my  tn   is  diferent   my  start  in  my   ears  in  goes  up to  my  head  and  i  get  volts  like  electricy  wink  if  you  knew  my story   you  would  not believe  it

• Posted

Corky - good to read that your medication is proving helpful

A couple of points : 1. Why did your GP suggest steroids? This isn't a normal drug used for TN. 2. What is CBD balm and oil?

Thank will help further discussion. Colin 

• Posted

Thank you it's pretty pricey here in canada but i have some connections will give this a try for sure!

• Posted

I'm also curious as to what CBD oil is. I have atypical TN and my meds are Gabapentin (already on it for chronic back/nerve pain) and then Carbamazapene. Sometimes I feel the pain going down my neck, under my ear. I like to rub tiger balm on it... but I don't think that actually does anything other than make me smell funny smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.