MS fatigue - help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have MS and I am struggling with fatigue. I physically cannot fight it sometimes. I have fallen asleep at work several times and find it difficult to do any form of physical activity so I am gaining weight too.

I was on 600mg of pregabalin but dropped to 300mg. This has helped slightly and over the next few weeks I will be reducing my dose more. I would rather be in pain than be this tired. I just wondered if there was anything else that could help?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, there are other options!  Talk to the nuerologist about meds for fatigue including Dexedrine.  I tried the list but ended up with Dexedrine. I also did a sleep study and found I had an Iron deficiency causing leg spasms and disrupting my sleep. Don't give up.

• Posted

I've tried a bunch of things for fatigue including Modafinil, Amantadine, Adderall, and a whole host of supplements but nothing ever really worked for me.

What am I finding to help a lot is a plant based diet (no meat, dairy, eggs but vegetables and whole grains, beans, mushrooms, etc).  It sounds crazy at first but what you eat really affects your energy level and hey it cant hurt to try it.  Check out forksoverknives website and documentary. 

• Posted

Oh yes I fully support diet also! Glad that helps. I also take over the counter vitamins and minerals etc.

Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Probiotic, Vit D (I am tested every three months to try to maintain 50 and take between 1 to 5000 per day per Dr.) All of these were suggested by Dr.

Listening to your body and ensuring high energy helps. I do water aerobics 3 x a week. I make Protein Shakes to take at noon.

My Dr also referred me to a dietician.

Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.