MS hug? Please read x

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi xx

Just wondering if anyone .. or as many people that can.. 

Can you please describe everything about what happens when u get this MS Hug .. if u do get it .. 

I am at the beginning of being diagnosed.. and I have just come across this .. and I’m wondering if it is the same thing am experiencing.. 

Mine is .. 

I start off with a tingling across my back that eventually intensified and radiate through to the front, just underneath my breasts.. it feels like I’m being crushed by a belt wrapped around .. I also find it hard to breathe but I’m breathing.. it gets so painful that I’m literally crying sometimes screaming out in pain .. and when it goes it feels like it’s bruised and very tender to even the lightest touch .. 

This pain is so unbearable.. and I have a high pain threshold.. it seems to come back every few months like a flare up.. I get absolutely terrified to eat anything incase it brings it on .. but I’m not so sure that it is related .. everyone’s said it must be gallbladder but I have had loads of tests and nothing ever shows up.. 

it also makes me sick .. but I dunno if it’s cos I’m in so much pain..  I have said to the doctor ( and I’m really not being dramatic) that I would rather kill myself than suffer this pain much longer.. it just keepsake coming back .. no warning .. I cry for ages after as I’m so scared of it coming back and it always does every few days for a couple of weeks and then disappears for a few months

Sorry that was so long... 

Please if anyone can let me know what they experience.. 

I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday and will be talking to her about this to see if it could be this .. before demanding to see if my gallbladder is still okay ..

Thank u so much .. 

xxxxxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachh

So sorry to hear that you are having  so much pain.  It seems "my MS Hug" likes to stay with me all the time.

My Hug is not painful, but very uncomfortable.  Mine feels like I'm wearing a corset around my rib cage. Yes, it is hard to breathe, and yes it does get pretty tight sometimes.  It is from inflammation of the tissues and nerves between the ribs.  I admit that I won't wear a bra anymore, I just can't.  Now for pain, have you tried a heating pad, or any muscle relaxers to ease the spasms?  My neurologist prescribed Flexeril 10 mg.  It will take the edge

off a little.   

I also have gallstones, and kidney stones too, another story for another time.

The gallstones were shown on a CT Scan and I also had a Hida Scan to check the function of the gall bladder.

I've had gallstones for about 5 years now, and so far they don't bother me.  Changed my diet of course, no greasy, or fried foods, or gravy.  I use Herbs too.  I take Milk Thistle for my Liver, Spleen, Gall bladder.

I take Tumeric Curcurim for inflammation.  

So you have my sympathy as I sit here right now with this damn "Hug"  Uggghhhh !!  

I can say too that I eat much smaller portions because I get full faster now.  Don't have much appetite anymore.

Well write down all your questions and take them with you to your Dr's appointment Tuesday.  If you have any other questions for me, I'll be glad to answer them.  Take Care and Best wishes to You.  ((((huggs))))

?

• Posted

Almost forgot this ..... Try to get as much sleep as you can.  Try to eliminate Stress from your life.

Yes, it is almost impossible, right ?  Whenever I am stressed out, or overtired, I know it's gonna be

even tighter than usual.  I had to take a Flexeril tonight, but it barely touched it.  So I just try to stay

calm and relaxed as much as possible and try to ride it out.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply .. sorry you are struggling with it atm xxx I’m going to the doctors tuesday hopefully she can help me with it ...

Thank you for the advice it’s much appreciated xx 😊

• Posted

Hello I can completely relate to how you feel with the MS Hug I think this was the worse flare up I have ever had. This last about two months for me. It started the day after my MRI of my brain, T-spine, and C-spine without contrast. When I got home later that evening I could not feel from waist down but still could walk. When I woke up in the morning the numbness I felt waist down moved up to under my bra area feeling extremely tight and still numb down to my feet, and I also felt like something was sticking into my anal area, a severe pressure. My feet felt like bowling balls because they were so heavy to lift when I walked and I felt vibrations every time I would make a step. I then felt like I could not breathe when I laid down at night, although I could breathe fine the wrap around my abdominal area was so excruciating, I too just wanted to cry but it hurt to cry. 

End result was I went to My MS Team (app) and ask the question had anyone felt this or even knew what I was going through and that’s when someone replied and told me to google MS Hug and to increase my vitamin D to at least 20,000 mg daily. I am no doctor and neither are they but I did that and my internal medication doc prescribed a muscle relaxer Cyclobenzaprine which helped me sleep through the pain of MS Hug. 

I pray that you get well soon. I also believe that Jesus Christ is my healer and Savior and I had other believers pray for my healing. I feel great today. Lastly I do take Aubagio 14 mg daily as my MS therapy treatment it is a pill no more injections for me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.