MS or Fibromyalgia

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having pins and needles mainly in legs muscle aches painful muscle spasms and shooting pains in body and head. I already have lupus and sjogrens and worried i may have MS gp said you dont get pins and needles with fibro she looked on computer at pressure points and she tried it on me. it didnt affect me so she said she didnt think it was. However l think it is can you have it without pressure points. I have shooting pains everywhere especially in my head

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ask your GP for a referral to see a Rheumatologist they are the best from what I’ve read I’m seeing one on the 9th of April my doctor thinks I have it he like 99.9 sure he didn’t do the pressure points he can just tell my all of my pain I have also read symptoms like yours means fibromyalgia definitely get a referral good luck ❤️
    • Posted

Thanks Donna l already see a rheumatologist for my lupus this all happened in between appointments so l went to gp. I also have periphiel nerve pain which started at the same time What are your symptoms?
    • Posted

Mine is back pain elbows knee ankles head aches which I never had before I have to take pain medication to get out of bed my back is that sore ?? But I’ve heard some horror stories seeing a rheumatologist so I’m now worried 😟 

• Posted

Oh God. At least I'm not alone. I've got sharp shooting pains all over, that feels like electric shock sometimes. It may be fibromyalgia but I don't have persistent muscle pain. I have these sharp shooting pains which gets more when I walk. It's less when I'm sitting. Planning a visit to the neurologist next week.

• Posted

Hi Christine

I used to get terrible pins and needles in my limbs which were incredibly painful.  My doctor took a blood test and discovered that my folic acid level was almost non-existent.  Since putting me on a high dosage for 6 months I don't suffer anymore.  I do however still get the awful electric shock-like buzzing in my head, which is terribly painful and frightening.  Not sure what that could be so will check out next time I go the the GP.

• Posted

Hi Sue my folic acid and B12 are both within normal range. I dont appear to have pressure points either
    • Posted

Do you still have the pins and needles Christine? I feel like my whole body is getting sensitive to pain. I'm having sharp pains more when I'm moving.

• Posted

Yes Ashley I do still have them as well as the muscle spasms ive just been for a short walk and my muscles are jumping around all over the place.  My gp has referred me to a neurologist which worries me as anything to do with the brain is never a good thing especially when you reach 68.  What have your symptoms been, Do you have any autoimmune illnesses as mentioned above I have sjogrens and lupus so anyone of those could cause spasms and pins and needles. x

• Posted

I just had a cervicogenic headache which resolved with few sessions of few therapy. Then I got these horrible pins and needles after that. I visited one neuro who did B12, thyroid and nerve conduction test. All normal. I'm going to visit another neuro.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.