MS Symtoms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

27 yr old female 

About 4 months ago I was hit in the right eye with a fishing pole. Vision is that eye has not returned. Very blurry. I’ve seen two optometrists and one ophthalmologist. Eyeball checks out ok.

About two weeks ago while driving my right fingertips went numb, the numbness traveled up my right arm to my face. Half of my face tongue and throat went numb. I pulled over at a store and I was very confused. I was aware of everything happening but I couldn’t process it. I tried talking and could not get the words to come out. Either I could not talk at all or only half the word would come out. I knew what I wanted to say but it just wouldn’t come out. The whole episode lasted about 45 minutes. Then went away like it never happened.

Appointment today with ophthalmologist - failed “red cap” test. Everything else looks great. No issues at all with my eyeball. He says my vision should have returned that it’s been long enough since the trama. He thinks it’s just a coincidence and I have something further going on either with optic nerve or brain. Being referred to a neurological ophthalmologist. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did you have any muscle weakness
    • Posted

Not that I notice. I feel body aches more often it seems. But I’m probably 30 pounds over weight and I don’t exercise aside from being a mom to two boys lol so I figured I probably just need to loose some pounds. 
  • Posted

Are you sure you didn't have a stroke. That sounds EXACTLY like my boss describes when he had a stroke. Not sure if they can tell now, the time line to get to hospital for help with thr is lie 2 hours..his didn't last long either but he got to hospital in time for thm to know it was a stroke..just saying...if happens again..get to a hospital..

• Posted

I work in the oilfield and I was about 2 hours from the nearest hospital driving home. So I just stayed on the phone with my husband. And once it went away I figured I would just tell my doctor unless it happens again. But yes I will definitely go in next time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.